Using rlwrap to get command history of Oracle sqlplus and RMAN
These are what I’m using:
- VMware Workstation 5.5
host: Windows XP
guest: Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1
using Shared folder to exchange data between host and guest.
- Oracle 9i
By default, Oracle sqlplus and RMAN don’t have command history under Linux OS. You have to type the same command over and over again. But you can use rlwrap to get command history for sqlplus and RMAN. Follow these steps:
- Download rlwrap (use browser downloader, cannot use download software).
- Extract the .tar.gz file.
- Login as root user.
- From root home, run the configure file.
[root@eric root]# /mnt/hgfs/Share/rlwrap-0.30/configure
[root@eric root]# make install
- now you can connect to sqlplus and RMAN using rlwrap:
$ rlwrap sqlplus / as sysdba
$ rlwrap rman target /
- Now you can use your previous command history by pressing up or down arrow.