VMWare USB cannot connect to Host USB
I have problem with VMWare USB. The vmware cannot read the usb I plugged on my host. When the vmware start, there are some warning about usb not connected.
The root cause of this problem is that VMWare only support USB root hub driver from Microsoft. When your USB root hub driver get updated by another software (sony ericsson pc suite, AMD, etc.) the vmware cannot detect the usb driver.
What you can do is install the Microsoft USB Hub Driver on your Host. This is how you do it:
1. Right Click on your My Computer icon and click Manage. Go to Device Manager. Search for USB Root Hub.
2. Double Click on one of USB Root Hub. Check the Driver Provider. If it is a Sony Ericsson or provider other than Microsoft, you should install the Microsoft Driver. Klik Update Driver to Install Microsoft Driver.
3.Choose Install from a list or specific location.
4. Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install.
5. Choose USB Root Hub from the bottom.
6. Check again the Manufacturer. Make sure it is already changed to Microsoft.
7. Do step 1-6 on all the USB Root Hub.
8. Restart the Computer.
Hope this will work on you guys too.