I’m using Windows 7 and start getting annoyed because every time I shutdown my laptop, the Windows will install the same amount of updates. So I checked the history of updates and found that the update is failed. So I install the update manually and solved the problem. If you get the same trouble, you can do these:
- Check your update history. Go to Start – Control Panel – System and Security – Windows Update.
- On the left panel, click View update history.
- Find the repeated failed update. Note the name and number of the update.
- Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/ and search for the update you needed.
- Download and install it manually.
Hopefully your problem will go away.
I’m using Windows 7 and start getting annoyed by installing updates on shutdown because sometimes I need to shutdown it quickly but installing updates may take a long time. Don’t disable your automatic updates cause it’s really important to keep updating your Windows 7 from known bugs. But if sometimes you need to shutdown quickly without installing updates, you can do this:
- Log Off your computer instead off shutdown it.
- Press CTRL + ALT + DEL.
- On the bottom right side of the screen there is a shutdown icon. Click the arrow and choose shutdown.
- Your Windows 7 will be shutdown directly without installing updates.