Windows 7: Install the same update every shutdown
I’m using Windows 7 and start getting annoyed because every time I shutdown my laptop, the Windows will install the same amount of updates. So I checked the history of updates and found that the update is failed. So I install the update manually and solved the problem. If you get the same trouble, you can do these:
- Check your update history. Go to Start - Control Panel - System and Security – Windows Update.
- On the left panel, click View update history.
- Find the repeated failed update. Note the name and number of the update.
- Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/ and search for the update you needed.
- Download and install it manually.
Hopefully your problem will go away.